The New Trailer For ‘IT’ Is Here And It’s Terrifying | LADbible

'IT'

The second trailer for the reboot of Stephen King’s IT has been released and it looks terrifying.

The film, which is a remake of the original 1990 miniseries, is based on Stephen King’s book and tells the story of seven children who are stalked by a predatory, shape-shifting being referred to as IT. IT usually takes the form of a properly creepy looking clown called Pennywise. Tim Curry played the original; the reboot will see Bill Skarsgard will put his own spin on the eponymous being.

Director Andrés Muschietti told USA Today: “It’s established that Pennywise takes the shape of your worst fear.

“He doesn’t have a steady behaviour, he doesn’t expose how he thinks, and that’s what makes him really unpredictable.

“And because no-one knows what he’ll do next or how, the space between appearances – with the occasional red balloon creepily floating by – becomes a feeling of dread that grows in people’s minds.”

I first saw IT when I was about eight and I’ve been scared of clowns ever since. It’s only been in the past couple of years I’ve been able to be near a clown without running off, and just as it looks like I might be getting over it, Warner Bros and New Line Cinema decide to do this.

The second trailer was dropped at the MTV Movie and TV Awards last night and fans are already pretty excited:

Credit: Ladbible.com

North Korea claims US ‘biochemical’ plot to kill Kim Jong Un

North Korea

Kim Jong Un arrives for a military parade in Pyongyang in April.
(CNN)North Korea has accused the US and South Korea of attempting to assassinate leader Kim Jong Un with a “bio-chemical substance.”

In an extraordinary 1,800-word report Friday, North Korean state news agency KCNA said a “hideous terrorist group” conspired with the CIA and South Korea’s Intelligence Service (IS) to “commit bomb terrorism targeting the supreme leadership” during major events including a recent military parade.
The report claimed a North Korean citizen was involved in the plot, using “biochemical substances including radioactive substance and nano poisonous substance” to target Kim.
IS did not respond to a request for comment.

CIA accused
The KCNA report claimed the plot was “recently uncovered and smashed,” and accused members of the CIA and IS of working with a North Korean citizen to provide money and weapons to carry out “state-sponsored terrorism.”
A similar charge was laid against Pyongyang by Seoul in February following the murder of Kim Jong Nam, allegedly at the hands of North Korean agents.
The half-brother of Kim Jong Un was poisoned with the VX nerve agent while in Kuala Lumpur airport and died en route to a hospital.
North Korea has repeatedly denied any involvement in Kim’s death.
History of unfounded claims
North Korea has a history of bombastic propaganda featuring unfounded claims.

Last month, the state-run newspaper Rodong Sinmun claimed US-Australian military exercises in northern Australia were preparation for nuclear war against North Korea and threatened Darwin with a potential retaliatory strike.
For its part, South Korea has admitted to having plans in place to kill Kim.
Last year, lawmakers said Seoul “has a general idea and plan to use precision missile capabilities to target the enemy’s facilities in major areas as well as eliminating the enemy’s leadership.”
The country’s Joint Chiefs of Staff has prepared a system called the Korea Massive Punishment and Retaliation (KMPR) that would involve surgical missile attacks, exclusive special warfare units and an ability to strike North Korea’s leadership if South Korea feels threatened by nuclear attack.

Credit: Cnn.com

Can Manchester United stop Man City from qualifying for Champions League?

Manchester United are in a similar situation to this stage last season but this time their fortunes are slightly more favourable as they struggle to clinch a top four finish again.

A year ago, United were competing with City to finish fourth but Liverpool had reached the Europa League final in Basel where they were due to face Sevilla.

In an attempt to give clubs an added incentive to win the Europa League, Uefa has decided to award the winners a Champions League qualifying spot for the following campaign and Jurgen Klopp’s side would have hosted European football had they beaten Sevilla. Instead, they were battered 3-1.

So would a United Europa League success mean scupper City’s chances of Champions League football if they finished fourth? And do they need a play-off?

Had Leicester topped their remarkable Premier League triumph last season and won the Champions League then City’s place in the competition next term would have been in serious jeopardy.

Countries are permitted a maximum of five teams in the competition, and a Leicester and United European double would have kicked City into the Europa League even if they finished fourth.

Now City are out of Europe, the scenario is simpler. A fourth-place finish for Pep Guardiola’s side will ensure they play in a Champions League qualifier in August.

Should United beat Celta Vigo and then Ajax or Lyon in the Europa League final, then five English clubs will enter the Champions League in 2017-18.

Top two teams Chelsea and Tottenham seem guaranteed an automatic qualifying berth and City could yet avoid a summer qualifier if they finish above Liverpool in third.

“The UEFA Europa League winners enter in the UEFA Champions League (at a minimum level of the play-offs).

“The UEFA Europa League winners enter in the group stage if the UEFA Champions League winners qualify directly for the UEFA Champions League group stage via their domestic league programme. This is what happened the past two seasons after success for Barcelona and Real Madrid. The Europa League winners in both campaigns were Sevilla.”

Credit: manchestereveningnews.co.uk

Nirbhaya rapists to hang as Supreme Court upholds death sentence

hang on

The Supreme Court today upheld the death penalty for the 4 convicts for the 2012 gang-rape and murder of Nirbhaya. The case is rarest of rare case and we are compelled to give extreme punishment to ensure justice,” said the court. As soon as it read out its order, the packed court began to applaud.

| TNN | Updated: May 5, 2017, 03.13 PM IST
Nirbhaya gang-rape and murder: SC upholds death sentence of all 4 convicts

The Supreme Court upheld the death penalty for the four convicts in the 2012 Nirbhaya gang-rape and murder. The top court was hearing an appeal filed by the four convicts – Akshay, Pawan, Vinay Sharma and Mukesh – who challenged the Delhi High Court’s March 2014 confirmation of the death sentence handed to them by a trial court in 2013.NEW DELHI: The Supreme Court today upheld the death penalty+ for the four convicts for the 2012 gang-rape and murder of Nirbhaya.
“The Nirbhaya rape-cum-murder case is rarest of rare case and we are compelled to give extreme punishment to ensure justice,” said the apex court, while delivering the order.

As soon as it read out its order, the packed court began to applaud.

The top court was hearing an appeal filed by the four convicts – Akshay, Pawan, Vinay Sharma and Mukesh – who challenged the Delhi High Court’s March 2014 confirmation of the death sentence handed to them by a trial court in 2013.

“The brutal, barbaric, and demonaical conduct of the convicts shook the conscience of humanity and they don’t deserve leniency+ ,” the top court said.

Nirbhaya’s father said something similar this morning.

“Leave the Supreme Court, even God will not forgive such people. They will be awarded death sentence,” said Nirbhaya’s father. “Only the death penalty (will do) for culprits now, it should not be denied,” Nirbhaya’s mother Asha Devi had said ahead of the hearing.

“We have full faith in the judicial system and I am sure that the Supreme Court will announce death sentence in its verdict for the guilty. I am sure the Supreme Court will give justice to my daughter. This will set an example for the world,” she added

The convicts’ lawyer+ had a dissenting view.

“You can’t hang someone just to send a message to society. Human rights have been slaughtered today,” said AP Singh, the convicts’ lawyer, to ANI. “Justice is not done, we will file a review petition after reading the order,” he added.

On December 16, 2012, Nirbhaya, the 23-year-old paramedic, was raped and brutalised with an iron rod on a moving bus in Delhi. She and her male friend were then thrown out of the bus. Nirbhaya lost her battle for life in a Singapore hospital on December 29.

The top court today commended the work of the Delhi Police and bringing the criminals to book.

“The investigations done by Delhi Police was fair and impartial and the probe has passed the test of fairness and reliability,” the SC said.

“The dying declaration of Nirbhaya is reliable as it was corroborated by medical and other evidences,” it added.

Of the six accused, Ram Singh hanged himself in prison, while another, who was a juvenile at the time of the crime, was convicted in August last year and will serve the maximum sentence of three years in a reform home.
When the Delhi high court rejected the convicts’ appeal in 2014, it said “debauchery, avarice, profligacy and viciousness appear to be the compelling forces” behind the crime. The court also said the crime was “completely recvolting” and “indubitably been committed in an extremely fiendish, demoniac, barbaric and nefarious manner.”
Today’s apex court appeal was heard by a bench headed by Justice Dipak Misra and comprised Justices R Banumathi and Ashok Bhushan.
It was expected that the Supreme Court would not grant relief to the accused as Justice Dipak Misra doesn’t hesitate to give a death sentence and is exceedingly sensitive to women’s rights and liberties, ANI news agency said today.

Credit: Indiatimes.com

The world is falling in love with Portugal’s best ever Eurovision entry

Portugal

Salvador Sobral will sing Amar Pelos Dois at the 2017 Eurovision Song Contest in Kyiv but he’s not been able to get to rehearsals.

Instead his sister Luisa (the songwriter) has stepped in during the technical rehearsals. Salvador has a heart condition and cannot leave his medical team for two weeks.
He will arrive in time for the dress rehearsals as second favourite to win Eurovision. The news was confirmed in Portugal’s Eurovision press conference by his sister Luisa.

Initially, Savador wanted to keep his potentially life-threatening condition a secret but following his performance of Amar Pelos Dois in the Portuguese national final, he required urgent surgery to repair two hernias.

He was able to perform in the final and won the ticket to Eurovision despite still being in recovery. In a moving moment, his sister Luisa joined in to reprise the song.

Make no mistake, this song is a big contender and the performance has been kept as simple as possible to help Savador compete without problems when he arrives.
It’s almost unchanged from the national final winning routine. There is no movement on stage, but that only strengthens the impact of this timeless melody.

Sticking to Portuguese maintains the charm and charisma of this song that pulls at the heartstrings through musical composition. It could have been a Eurovision winner in the 1950s, and it could be a Eurovision winner in 2017.
Salvador shies away from the media and does not want Eurovision votes out of sympathy. He doesn’t want to make an issue out of his medical condition and there is no reference to it on the official Eurovision website. He won’t need sympathy votes with a song like this anyway.
It’s so different to anything else in the competition this year, it is almost certain to become Portugal’s most successful Eurovision entry.

Credit: Metro.co.uk